The Castle Trail
Just a few miles away from us lies Cawdor Castle – the most romantic castle in the Highlands…
Set in beautiful gardens and providing restaurant, shops, nature trails, golf course and events programme. The events section is well worth a look, as the castle hosts many outdoor plays, historic car rallies and bigger events. The National Trust for Scotland run Brodie Castle is the ancient seat of the clan Brodie and displays a fine selection of period furniture, porcelain and paintings, less than two miles from the farm. If you fancy some retail therapy, why not visit to Brodie Country Fare – located just a mile from Brodie Castle.
We are lucky to also be very close to several other places of significant historical interest, including
- CULLODEN – the famous battlefield that saw the defeat of Bonnie Prince Charlie and the Jacobite Rising in 1746.
- SPYNIE PALACE – impressive medieval residence of the Bishops of Moray
- HUNTLY CASTLE – famed for its heraldic sculpture
- FORT GEORGE – an outstanding, unaltered artillery fortress dating back as far as 1748
- BALVENIE CASTLE – dating back to the 13th century
- URQUHART CASTLE – the ruin of one of Scotland’s largest castles, set on the banks of Loch Ness
- ELGIN CATHEDRAL – superb remains of a beautiful 13th century cathedral with views to Spynie Palace